It’s already August and there’s still so much to do, see, and eat. Here’s our summer hit list.
If you haven’t already made a trip to The Flavour Fox (@TheFlavourFox) this summer, drop everything and go. Grab some ice cream, gelato, or coffee (they serve Kawartha ice cream!) and head outside to enjoy your treat by the lake. You’ll find plenty of benches along Bronte Rd. making it the perfect spot to take the kids, take a date, or just enjoy some time with just you and your ice cream.
With more and more patios popping up every year, there are many options both old and new. Here are some tried and tested options that won’t let you down:
• 7 Enoteca (@7enoteca)
• Borgo Antico Cucina Bar (@BorgoCucinaBar)
• Buca Di Bacco (@bucadibaccooakville)
• Yolanda’s (@yoyosspuntino)
• Paradiso Restaurant (@restaurantparadiso)
• The Gingerman Social Eatery (@GingermanOakville)
• Harper’s Landing (@harperslandingbargrillhub)
• Piazza Bistro (@Piazza.Bistro.Oakville)
• Cucci (@cucciristorante)
If you’re looking for something by the waterfront—those restaurants are plenty, as well! Check out:
• Plank Restobar (@plankrestobar)
• Spencer’s at the Waterfront (@spencersatthewaterfront)
• Snug Harbour Seafood Bar and Grill (@SnugHarbour)
• Son of a Peach (@loveandpizza)
• Roc’n Doc’s (@4RocnDocs)
• Lakeshore Coffee House (@LakeshoreCoffeeHouse)
• Jake’s Grill & Oyster House (@Jake’sGrillandOysterHouse)
Need to walk—or run—off all that food? Whether you’re biking with friends, talking a walk with family, or going for a solo run, Oakville has over 200 kilometers of recreational trails at your fingertips. (Or should we say toe-tips?)
Enjoy the weather and classic movies like ET and Jungle Book with Summertime Thursdays in Towne Square! It’s on until August 31st, when the event will be ending with Casablanca.
One of the highlights of summer in the GTA is happening in Oakville on Saturday, August 19th. TD Songs of Summer will be filled with performance and visual arts and feature Canadian artists to continue the celebrations of Canada 150. With six stages, over 40 performances, you definitely don’t want to miss this. There will also be interactive art zones scattered throughout downtown Oakville. It’s the perfect way to end the summer with a bang!